I have worked as a consultant and mentor, offering my guidance and expertise to clients who need high-quality design services with UML, as well as custom software in the Windows and .NET environments. I describe myself as a Software Architecture Analyst because I like to work to better define requirements in order to define the right architecture and design, using both Agile and Orchestrated practices.
What I do:
- I prevent mistakes, not just fix them later.
- I reduce the costs and uncertainties in software development.
- I understand customer requirements and deliver great architectures and solutions for those needs.
- I grow my skill set and that of my team.
How I do it:
- I use Five Step UML, my Agile requirements and architecture process, to sweep the problem domain at the start and identify risks and uncertainties.
- I use Analysis and Architectural Patterns to plan a general solution that everyone can understand.
- I use Model-Driven Estimating to prepare an estimate with high confidence, including identifying risks to the estimate.
- I use Model-Driven Tracking to verify progress against the estimate and quickly spot emerging risks.
- I teach my team how to use these tools for their individual tasks.